This course introduces you to creative writing practices used in writing the illustrated book. From picture books for older readers to adult graphic novels, the course focuses on aspects of reading and writing techniques contributing to the illustrated book genre. (Note: You are not required to illustrate.) Assessment requires you to write an illustrated book proposal to suit industry standards and critical responses to seminal published works. While you will learn to express yourself in written narrative, you will also learn to enrich your creative practice through critical reflection.
- CMN215 or CMN116 or enrolled in Program AR514, AR614, AR541, AR641, AR841, AR522, AR505, AR605, XP601 or UP601
- CMN245 or CMN547
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
CMN247 Course Outline Semester 2, 2017 (PDF 496KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.