Global Communication introduces you to the many facets of globalisation. The course offers interdisciplinary perspectives on how peoples, cultures, organisations and nations connect via forms of mediated and non- mediated communication. You will engage with debates on the global public sphere, digital divide, cultural flow, diaspora, post-colonialism, cultural imperialism, multiculturalism and propaganda. You will deconstruct the strategic use of soft power and diplomacy in transnational relations and analyse the rise of virtual citizenship and sub -cultures in the online environment.
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
The outline for this course is currently unavailable.