This course introduces various empirical methods and tools to investigate emerging forms of media and audience practices. It offers a detailed understanding of different ways in which questions of media impact and audience power have been theorised in communication studies. You will engage with contemporary digital media and audience research methodologies, write an innovative research proposal and develop ethical skills in relation to these. Approaches examined include quantitative and qualitative with emphasis on surveys, case studies, focus groups, ethnography, textual and virtual analysis.
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
The outline for this course is currently unavailable.