This course introduces you to the theory and practice of communication, with particular application to academic and professional settings. You will study the processes of research and scholarship, and of tailoring communication for specific audiences and disciplines. Verbal and nonverbal communication, thinking skills and the dynamics of interpersonal and group communication will be explored. You will enhance your written, verbal and personal transferable skills all of which are essential to success at university and in your future careers.
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Gympie: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Noosa: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- South Bank: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Caboolture: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
COR109 Course Outline Semester 2, 2018 (PDF 784KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.