Computer aided engineering (CAE) is now a common step in the design of engineering structures. This course builds on the knowledge and skills gained in Mechanics of Materials and Dynamics 1. You will gain an understanding of the operation and limitations of CAE systems. You will have the opportunity to develop the skills required to design such structures and systems. Material presented includes a brief discussion on the architecture of CAE systems, numerical methods and finite element methods. Considerable emphasis is placed on the appropriate use of the finite element method in the design process.
- ENG227 and (ENG205 or MEC2401 and ENG221 and enrolled in Program SC411
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.