This introductory course will build your awareness prosthetic and orthotic practice through topics ranging from terminology, scope of practice, and material science concepts related to prosthetic and orthotic design. Practical exposure to the technical skills is done through a series of projects that will familiarise you to the tools and methods used in practice that will be used in future coursework. This course will start to develop your sense of professionalism and understanding of the scope of practice of a prosthetist/orthotist.
- Enrolled in Program SC367 with a Prosthetics & Orthotics Extended Major. Not available to International students
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Mathematics,Statistics,Computing,Built Environment,OtherHlth:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
HLT102 Course Outline Semester 2, 2017 (PDF 754KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.