In this course you will be introduced to the frameworks, knowledge and clinical reasoning used in the health assessment of women and infants. You will investigate biophysical and social assessment knowledge and processes, across the lifespan in a diverse range of healthcare contexts in which midwives practice. You will learn how to apply primary health care principles to health assessment, including identifying needs and planning and documenting health assessment strategies. You will work individually and in groups to develop your collaborative practice competency. You will undertake clinical experience in a variety of community-based settings (40 hours).
- HLT131 and enrolled in Program SC394 or SC393. Semester 1 Offering only for RN pathway students and requires course coordinator approval
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1, Session 4
- Student contribution band:
- Band IA
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
HLT132 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 296KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.