This course further develops the introductory knowledge you have gained in physiology, to develop an understanding of disease and dysfunction. Cellular adaptation and injury will be explored and expanded to investigate major disorders associated with the organ systems. This course focuses on exploring the major causes and clinical manifestations of disease and the use of diagnostic information to learn about and evaluate the disease process. It develops basic communication skills applicable to programs such as Medical Laboratory Science, Paramedic Science and Clinical Exercise Physiology.
- LFS112 or HLT100 and enrolled in Program SC211, SC304, SC367, SC391, SC392, SC394, SC395,SC346. AB101, UU301 or XU301
- LFS302 or LFS303 or NUR221 or PAR221
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
HLT221 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 303KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.