In this course you will study legal issues of particular significance to aged persons (‘elders’). Some issues—such as aged care accommodation—affect elders alone. Others—such as impaired decision-making capacity, enduring powers of attorney, social security entitlements, age discrimination, wills and family provision obligations—are of special importance to elders. You will also consider the ethical obligations of lawyers, executors, carers and guardians.
- LAW202 and LAW204 and LAW206 and enrolled in any Law Program
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
LAW407 Course Outline Semester 2, 2018 (PDF 142KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.