This course examines key aspects of international and Australian intellectual property law. Topics will include: copyright, patents, trade marks, passing off, confidential information, designs and geographical indications. The course also examines how intellectual property law balances interests (e.g. creativity, innovation, technological development, access, use), and current issues and emerging debates in intellectual property such as traditional knowledge, cultural heritage, food security, access to genetic resources and open access.
- 96 units and enrolled in any Law, Business or Creative Industries Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
LAW408 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 173KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.