This course examines contemporary issues that arise in t he modern health care context and builds on core courses such as torts, criminal law and contract law to explore legal aspects related to health and wellbeing. Topics covered include the interface between the criminal and health law; medical negligence; is sues at the beginning and end of life; consent, confidentiality and privacy; and other contemporary issues such as public health, medical research and genetic technologies. The course will also consider a human rights perspective and the intersection of la w with ethics and morality.
- LAW103, LAW202 and LAW204 and enrolled in any Law Program
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.