This course will introduce you the principles and key concepts of bioinformatics and will start with basics about DNA, RNA and protein, then progress to databases, sequence alignments, evolutionary history reconstruction, genome annotation, and analysis of gene and protein expression. Systems biology, linux system and programming will also be introduced. Computer-based labs will provide you hands-on experience with databases and bioinformatics tools, and develop your skills in the analysis of biological data.
- LFS252 or SCI212 or BIM202
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.