Discrete Mathematics embraces several topical areas of mathematics and is the study of objects and systems that assume only distinct values, such as integers. In this course, you learn how to work with mathematical reasoning to solve problems in set and number theory, logic and proofs, Boolean algebra, combinatorics, elementary probability, relations and functions, recursion, graph theory, and algorithm development as it applies to computer science.
- MTH101 or MTH102 or MTH103
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Mathematics,Statistics,Computing,Built Environment,OtherHlth:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
MTH212 Course Outline Semester 2, 2018 (PDF 288KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.