This course explores the influence that an illness diagnosis has on clients, carers and family members. Nurses require knowledge and skill caring for those affected with this experience. You will be introduced to several illness models for practice and develop awareness on individual and support needs throughout each illness trajectory. You will identify social/ecological influences of health that determines a client’s illness response, and develop the attributes and practices of a palliative approach to care in order to meet the challenges of life limiting and long term care coordination.
- Enrolled in Program SC391, SC392, SC394 or SC335
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Session 1, Session 4
- Gympie: Session 1, Session 4
- Sunshine Coast: Session 1, Session 4
- Caboolture: Session 1, Session 4
- Student contribution band:
- Band IA
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
NUR272 Course Outline session 4, 2018 (PDF 305KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.