This course provides an overview of the brain’s structure and functioning. The course then introduces the evidence base regarding the role of psychological factors in physical health and illness, the biopsychosocial assessment of chronic disease, and evidence-based interventions for prevention and management of serious or chronic illness. Current pharmacotherapy for common psychological disorders is presented. Ethical issues will be addressed as they arise. There is also a focus on neurocognitive disorders within this course. Lastly, somatic symptom and related disorders will be covered.
- Enrolled in Program AR702, AR703, XP601 or UP601
- Semester of offer: *
- Thompson Institute: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.