In this course, you will examine the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies for teachers. You will examine contemporary cultures and lifestyles, languages, demography, and current policies. You will also examine history and its ongoing effects, including frontier conflict and dispossession, “Living Under the Act”, Stolen Generations and assimilation, struggles for rights and recognition, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices and stories. You will also reflect on engagement with families and community, anti-racism and reconciliation.
- Enrolled in Program AE304, ED303, ED304, ED315, SE303, UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Caboolture: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
SCS203 Course Outline Semester 2, 2018 (PDF 775KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.