In this course, you will examine the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies for teachers. You will examine contemporary cultures and lifestyles, languages, demography, and current policies. You will also examine history and its ongoing effects, including frontier conflict and dispossession, “Living Under the Act”, Stolen Generations and assimilation, struggles for rights and recognition, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices and stories. You will also reflect on engagement with families and community, anti-racism and reconciliation.
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Caboolture: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.