In this course you will examine the construction and maintenance of cultural difference and identity in the context of Australian immigration and multiculturalism. You will examine and theorise how the concepts of identity, cultural diversity, representation, and racism unfold in the public domain and how minorities are represented as the 'other'. You will interpret and analyse contemporary debates surrounding national identity, global citizenship, social inclusion, governance, and Australia's treatment of asylum seekers.
- Enrolled in a PRGD Program
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.