Become a cyber forensics specialist
In this program, you'll build on your knowledge of ICT and cyber environments and become a specialist in computer forensics. Designed by industry experts, you'll learn across a range of digital applications and be exposed to contemporary cyber scenarios.
Continue towards master’s level with the Master in Cyber Investigation and Forensics.
In this program you will:
- Understand the legal and ethical issues associated with cyber forensics and investigations.
- Develop relevant, specialist knowledge and skills across a range of digital applications and cyber scenarios.
- Develop competencies within a holistic framework of professionalism, collaboration and critical self-reflective practice.
- Learn from key experts and innovators in the field.
To be considered for admission, candidates would normally be required to possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution with a technology related field, or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security.
Digital evidence practitioner, computer forensics specialist
Be at the forefront of cyber security
As part of USC’s Institute for Cyber Investigations and Forensics, you'll learn from industry experts and be at the cutting-edge of cyber research, advocacy and commercialisation.Learn more
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Required courses (4) 48 units
Note: Program structures are subject to change.
Total units: 48
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in the correct courses (subjects).
Before you enrol it's important to check your commencing program structure and the published recommended study sequence to make sure you study the right courses at the right time and will be ready to graduate from your degree when you plan to.
To better understand your program structure and for instructions on how to review your progress and plan your remaining courses, visit the Managing your progression page.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
View step-by-step instructions to enrol at How do I enrol?
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key dates, including the last day to add, drop or swap a course or class and Census dates.
Search for answers and ask questions about enrolling or contact Student Central.