Get yourself ready to run the show.
You can step up your business management expertise and open the door to even higher educational potential down the track with this program. The Graduate Diploma aims to broaden your management skills and take your career to a senior level. Focus on detailed practical skill development in real business settings to deepen your problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
The theoretical components of the program will be applied through working with local business people. This also provides beneficial networking and possible employment opportunities. Specialise in a management area of your choice such as decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or informatics.
It’s 8 courses and effectively means you have completed almost three-quarters of a Master in Business Administration (MBA). Choose to upgrade your qualification later on by completing an additional 4 courses to earn an MBA - the international standard for graduate business qualifications.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Apply for senior management roles in government and across a diverse range of businesses and industries.
From Session 2, 2020 Sunshine Coast and Online intakes will be Session 2, Session 3, Session 5, Session 6, Session 7 and Session 1, 2021.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Required courses (4) 48 units
Select 4 courses from:
ACC511 Managerial Finance *
ACC701 Accounting for Managers
BUS502 Principles of Economics for Accountants *
BUS702 Economics for Managers
BUS703 Managing Research
BUS704 Corporate Finance
BUS705 Innovation Management
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
MGT701 Leading and Managing Organisations
MGT703 Strategic Management
MKG701 Marketing Management
*BUS502 and ACC511 are only available to Southbank students.
Elective courses (4) 48 units
Select 4 elective courses (48 units) chosen from 700 level courses from the USC Business School.
These electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Health Sector Business Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- International Business (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Management (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Marketing (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Supply Chain Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
* Please note that the program structure of the MBA and names of courses are subject to change.
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 96
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 96 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in the correct courses (subjects).
Before you enrol it's important to check your commencing program structure and the published recommended study sequence to make sure you study the right courses at the right time and will be ready to graduate from your degree when you plan to.
To better understand your program structure and for instructions on how to review your progress and plan your remaining courses, visit the Managing your progression page.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
View step-by-step instructions to enrol at How do I enrol?
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key dates, including the last day to add, drop or swap a course or class and Census dates.
Search for answers and ask questions about enrolling or contact Student Central.