- Placement details
- Placement essentials (mandatory checks)
- Remuneration and insurance
- More information
This course, undertaken in the final year of your Bachelor of Nutrition, provides you with a structured work placement experience to develop and apply knowledge, skills and competencies appropriate to professional nutrition practice. You will undertake supervised work experience of at least 75 hours with a relevant nutrition organisation. Throughout your work experience you will reflect on your learning plan and practice. At the completion of your placement you will be able to demonstrate evidence of your learning and contribution to the organisation, well developed professional judgement and behaviour that is ethical and professional. Subject to availability, placements may be located outside of the Sunshine Coast region.
Semester of offer:
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1, Semester 2, Session 4
To be eligible to commence placement, students must complete the following Mandatory checks:
- Blue Card
- PrePlace Training (Blackboard)
- USC Student Placement Agreement (Available 1 week prior to placement commencement date on Sonia Online)
- Pre-Placement Lecture and interview
- Pre-requisite courses: NUT202 or NUT203 and NUT205, and enrolled in Program SC354, and permission from the Course Coordinator for enrolment. Permission will be at the discretion of the course coordinator, dependent upon availability of hosts/supervisors, academic performance and evidence of student’s ability to demonstrate the ability to follow the Student Code of Conduct.
No remuneration or payment is made by the placement organisation to the students or to the University for hosting the student. Students undertaking an approved placement are covered by the University’s insurance policies.
Students will be required to submit an expression of interest (EOI) form by October the year prior to commencing placement. The course coordinator will consider all applications and grant students permission to enrol in the NUT304 course based on:
- Availability of placement sites/supervisors
- Mandatory checks having been met
- Ability of student to demonstrate adherence to the Student Code of Conduct
For more information on the Bachelor of Nutrition Placement Program, please refer to the Bachelor of Nutrition program page.
For more information please contact:
Nutrition Practicum Course Coordinator
Tel: +61 7 5430 2899
For general enquiries about School of Health and Sport Sciences work integrated learning opportunities please contact:
Clinical Placements Administrative Assistant
Tel: +61 7 5456 5823