This event is intended to provide an opportunity for final year University of the Sunshine Coast students (who are transitioning from University to the workforce) to get all their questions answered about what to expect in their first year out of University.
The event will feature:
- A Recent Graduates panel and Q&A, with students who are in their first year out of University,
- An Employer panel and Q&A, with HR representatives from local Employers,
- Opportunities for networking, and
- Hot and cold finger food, and drinks.
You will get to ask questions of both recent graduates and employers to find out how you can succeed in transitioning into your first “real” job following on from your degree.
The Graduates will all be “first-year-out” and will be talking about their experiences over the past 12 months, and answering your questions about those experiences and how they found employment.
Employers will be as open and frank as possible about their perspectives on Graduates as employees.
You will hear their opinions on:
- What employers expect graduates to know BEFORE they get their first job
- What things employers believe are best learned on the job
- What things employers look for when recruiting people fresh from Uni
Following all formal presentations, drinks and nibbles will be served, and the networking segment of the evening will commence, with students encouraged to circulate for further discussions and questions.