12 February 2018
New to SCHI?
All students enrolled at the Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) are required to complete the following five (5) modules (mandatory online training) before classes start:
- Welcome to SCUH (once only requirement)
- Safety and Wellbeing (once-only requirement)
- First Response Evacuation Instructions and Emergency Colour Codes (annual requirement)
- Conduct and Ethics (annual requirement)
- Fraud Awareness (annual requirement)
How to complete the above compulsory training modules
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) Learning Management System (LMS Team) will send an email to your student email account prompting you to log in to the Learning Management System (LMS) using your new LMS username and password. TIP! - open in Mozilla Firefox.
You will then be prompted to change your password. Once you have updated your password, complete the above five mandatory modules.
If you need technical assistance, please contact the LMS Team.
How to get your SCHI Security ID card
You will receive an email in your student email account from the Hospital Security (SCUH.ID.Cards@health.qld.gov.au) and must then provide a printed copy of your compulsory training module completion transcript to Hospital Security staff at their office on the ground floor of the main hospital building - View map.
Your SCHI Security ID card will only be printed once this is sighted.
Library Services at SCHI
USC Students have access to:
- Online resources via the Library website including journals; e-books and Course Reserve
- On site collection of prescribed texts and required readings in the SCHI Library
- Inter-site request service for resources held in the Library at Sippy Downs.
- Online Library Guides for tips on research skills and discipline specific resources.
- Research support from our Librarians at Sippy Downs contact:+61 7 5430 2804
- Visit Library Help or Online Chat during semester.
Parking at SCHI
There is pre-booking option for all day $5 parking at Oceanside Car Park. View information about SCHI parking for students.
All other car parking at SCHI is based on a user-pays system. If you park in P1 make sure you enter via the public entry lane so you are only charged for the length of your stay. If you enter via staff entry lanes you will be charged for a full day regardless of your length of stay.
For more information and other parking options for SCHI students visit General parking information.
Orientation Tours for SCHI/SCUH
Sign up for a tour of SCHI or the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH):
- Week 1 - Wednesday 28 February from 12:15pm and 4:15pm
- Week 2 - Thursday 8 March from 10:15am, 12:15pm, 1:15pm and 4:15pm
- Week 2 - Friday 9 March from 10:15am, 12:15pm, 1:15pm and 4:15pm.
Note: Students can sign up from tours at the USC Student Enquiry desk or at the SCHI foyer on the day.
Finding your way around SCHI
Check the SCHI Campus facility and resource maps to view the floor layout and area map of the SCHI facilities.
We wish you the very best with your studies!