USC offers credit into a range of undergraduate degree programs to students who have successfully completed an International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- Students may gain up to four courses of credit depending on the IB subjects they have completed and the USC program they are admitted into.
- If a student is eligible for credit, but the credited course is not listed in the relevant Program Study Plan, the student may be able to use the credit in place of a first year elective.
- Students who have accepted an offer to study at USC should follow the steps outlined in how to apply for credit.
- Students in the Bachelor of Medical Science are not eligible to apply for credit from the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
|IB subject||Minimum grade required||USC course credit|
|Biology (standard level)||4||LFS103 Introductory Bioscience|
|Biology (higher level)||4||LFS103 Introductory Bioscience or LFS100 Cell Biology|
|Business and Management (higher level)||4||BUS104 Introduction to Management and BUS105 Introduction to Marketing|
|Chemistry (higher level)||4||SCI105 Chemistry|
|Computer Science (higher level)||4||BUS108 Introduction to Informatics|
|Design and Technology (higher level)||4||Unspecified introductory level elective *|
|English A – Literature (higher level)||4||EGL120 The ' English' Tradition: An Introduction to Literary Studies|
|Environmental Systems and Societies (standard level)||4||SET111|
|Extended Essay (higher level)||C||Unspecified introductory level elective *|
|Film (higher level)||4||Unspecified introductory level elective *|
|History (higher level)||4||HIS100 What Makes Australia? History of Australian Popular Culture: The Twentieth Century and Beyond and HIS140 Global Citizens: A History of Humanity|
|Language A or Language B (higher level)||4||Unspecified introductory level elective *|
|Mathematics (standard level)||4||MTH100 Introduction to Mathematics|
|Mathematics (higher level)||4||MTH100 Introduction to Mathematics|
|Music (higher level)||4||Unspecified introductory level elective *|
|Physics (higher level)||4||SCI107 Physics|
|Psychology (standard level)||4||Unspecified introductory level elective *|
|Theatre Arts (higher level)||4||DRA100 Acting 1: The actor's craft|
|Visual Arts (higher level)||4||DES101 The Language of Design|
* To determine whether an unspecified elective is possible, please refer to the program structure for the degree in which you are enrolling.