When applying to USC to enter a program that leads to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), all applicants must declare that they meet the English language requirements set by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) through either the Primary Language Pathway or through the achievement of the required minimum scores in an approved English Language Test.
This requirement applies to admission into the following USC programs:
This requirement must be met prior to admission to the program and can only be met by one of the two pathways outlined below.
Applicants who do not meet either of the pathways outlined below will not be approved for admission into the program.
What are the Primary Language Pathway requirements?
- You must have attended and satisfactorily completed at least 6 years of primary and secondary education taught and assessed solely in English;
- At least two years of this education must have been between grades 7 and 12; and
- This education must have been completed in one or more of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States of America.
What are the English Language Test requirements?
- You must have completed one of the following English language tests: IELTS (Academic), TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic or OET*;
- Your scores in the relevant test must meet the minimum requirements as set out in USC’s English language requirements which can be found at English language requirements; and
- The test must have been undertaken no more than 1 year prior to commencement of the program.
Note: if you receive an offer to study and you elect to defer your offer, you will be required to meet these requirements again at the time of taking up your deferred place. Therefore, you may be required to resit an approved English language test prior to requesting to take up your deferred place.
What should I do if I don’t meet these requirements?
If you have not completed the education listed in the Primary Language Pathway requirements above, or you have not achieved the required minimum scores in an approved English language test within one year prior to commencement of study, you will need to complete an approved English Language Test with acceptable scores before your application can be considered for admission.
Refer to USC’s English Language Requirements at English language requirements for further information.
An important note regarding your declaration
By submitting the declaration, you are stating that the information you are providing is true and correct and you acknowledge that the University reserves the right to vary or reverse any decision regarding admission or enrolment made on the basis of untrue or incorrect information provided by you.
USC reserves the right to request documentation to verify your declaration.
The University of the Sunshine Coast collects, stores and uses personal information only for the purposes of administering student and prospective student admissions, enrolment and education.
The information collected is confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, except to meet government, legal or other regulatory authority requirements.
For further information consult the University’s Information Management Framework – Governing Policy at usc.edu.au/privacy.
* All other English language tests are not considered satisfactory for meeting the requirement, including ISPLR, STAT, CAE, CPE and USC’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP);