It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements, and to be aware of the key enrolment dates in the academic calendar.
Key enrolment dates
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key enrolment dates.
Manage your progression
Before you enrol it's important to check your commencing program structure and the published recommended study sequence to make sure you study the right courses at the right time and will be ready to graduate from your degree when you plan to.
To better understand your program structure and for instructions on how to review your progress and plan your remaining courses, visit the Managing your progression page.
If you need assistance, contact Student Central.
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to activate your offer and enrol to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Headstart, Cross-institutional and Visiting students
Your course enrolment will be completed for you. Once the timetable is released for viewing, complete and submit a Class preference form to select your class times.
How to enrol
Check the academic calendar to view when course selection opens. It is recommended you enrol in your courses for the full calendar year.
Once course selection is open for your study period:
- Login to USC Central
- Select 'Enrolment', then 'Enrol/Drop/Swap'
- Search for courses by entering the term, course code (eg COR109) and study location
- Add a course to your enrolment by ticking the box to select it and click 'Add enrolment'. You have successfully enrolled in the course when the status shows 'Success'.
Repeat the above steps to enrol in each of your courses. Your selected courses will be displayed under the 'Manage my courses' heading. It is recommended you enrol in your courses for the full calendar year.
Note: If you select a course but don't select a class time or drop it from your enrolment before census date, you'll still incur the fee for the course. You can swap or add courses up until the end of week 2, and remove courses from your enrolment up until census date. View key dates in the academic calendar.
View instructions in the How to enrol in your courses PDF guide (683 KB).
Once the timetable is released for viewing you can plan your preferred class times using the online timetable planner. Please note class times can change.
Note the timetable release and class selection dates to the right, or in the academic calendar.
- On your class selection date, log in to USC Central
- Select 'Enrolment' then 'Enrol/Drop/Swap'
- Scroll down to the 'Select class times/Manage my courses' heading and click the green arrow to reveal the courses you are enrolled in for the study period
- Click the 'select class time' button under each course
- The class options will now display. Select your preferred time for each class type (eg Lecture, tutorial, workshop) by checking the box next to the relevant class.
- Click 'Add enrolment'. You have successfully selected your classes when the status shows 'Success'.
Add your classes as soon as class selection opens as classes can fill quickly.
Follow the instructions in the Select your class times PDF guide.
If class selection has already opened, you can enrol in your courses (subjects) and select your class times at the same time.
- Log in to USC Central
- Select 'Enrolment' then 'Enrol/Drop/Swap
- Search for courses by entering the term, course code and study location
- The course and class options will now display
- Select your preferred class time for each class type (eg Lecture, tutorial, workshop) by checking the box next to the relevant class.
- Click 'Add enrolment'. You have successfully selected your course and classes when the status shows 'Success'.
View the instructions in the How to enrol when class selection has opened PDF Guide (565KB).
View your class timetable in USC Central to confirm you are enrolled in the courses you selected. Close to the beginning of the semester/trimester/session, your course details can be found in My Courses in Blackboard.
To prove your enrolment to Centrelink, print an unofficial transcript from USC Central: Student Centre > Enrolment > Transcripts > Transcript Type > Unofficial Academic Record.
Once you are enrolled, learn how to manage your enrolment.
Search for answers and ask questions visit Student Central FAQs.