Concerned about that next assignment? Meet with an academic skills adviser today. You can book a free consultation to support your learning at university at any time during your study.
Who are advisers?
Academic skills advisers are professionals who are trained and ready to help you develop a wide range of academic skills.
How can they help?
Academic skills advisers can meet with you for a one-on-one or group consultation to:
- discuss an aspect of your assignment
- discuss academic expectations
- help you gain study skills
- work on your writing skills
They can help you with:
- time and task management
- analysing assignment questions
- researching, referencing and using relevant supporting evidence
- reading, listening and note taking
- academic writing
- proofreading and editing strategies
- oral presentations
- basic computer skills such as formatting and page set-up
- mathematical and statistical concepts (Academic Skills STEM Advisers)
Make an individual appointment
Make an appointment with an Academic Skills Adviser by using your USC username and password to log into Student Hub, then under the home tab, navigate to Academic Advice and select Book appointment. Contact Student Central for further assistance.
Students may access up to four 30 minute appointments per semester (limited to one appointment per any given week).
- Face-to-face and phone appointments available
- If you no longer require your appointment please cancel through Student Hub so another student can book
- Please check Student Hub regularly for updated appointment availabilities.
What to bring
- your assignment
- your course outline
- assignment instructions and questions
- marking criteria/rubric
- any notes or drafts you have prepared for the assignment
If the assignment is confusing you, or if you are having difficulty with the course content, please see your tutor or lecturer.
Contact Student Central.