Concerned about that next assignment? Meet with an academic skills adviser today. You can book a free consultation to receive help at any time during your study.
Make an individual appointment
Make an appointment with an Academic Skills Adviser on the Sunshine Coast Campus by using your USC username and password to log into Student Hub, then under the home tab, navigate to Academic Advice and select Book appointment. Contact Student Central for further assistance.
Students may access up to four 30 minute appointments per semester (limited to one appointment per any given week).
- If you no longer require your appointment please cancel through Student Hub so another student can book
- Please check Student Hub regularly for updated appointment availabilities.
- Face-to-face and phone appointments available
What to bring
- your assignment
- your course outline
- assignment instructions and questions
- marking criteria/rubric
- any notes or drafts you have prepared for the assignment
- the main reading, if relevant
Who are advisers?
Academic skills advisers are professionals who are trained and ready to help you develop a wide range of academic skills.
How can they help?
Academic skills advisers can meet with you for a one-on-one or group consultation to:
- discuss an aspect of your assignment
- help you develop strategies for proofreading and editing
- help you gain study skills
- work on your writing skills
They can help you with:
- getting started
- introductions and conclusions
- writing skills such as developing an argument, structuring an essay and using relevant supporting evidence
- punctuation and grammar
- note taking
- report writing
- basic computer skills such as formatting and page set-up
- time management
- reading difficult material
- mathematics and statistics
- oral presentations
- do the work for you
- help you with content knowledge for your course (but they can advise you on ways of analysing and writing about the content)
- predict the grade of your assignment
- help with take-home exams
If the assignment is confusing you, or if you are having difficulty with the course content, please see your tutor or lecturer.
Drop in sessions
You can also come along to a 'Drop in' session (no appointment necessary, 10-15 minute consultation).
Academic Skills individual appointments at USC Fraser Coast
For any and all subjects
Appointments are available during the following times and must be booked through StudentHub
Where: Student Academic Support Room
Contact Student Central.