USC is looking for submissions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artwork that reflect this year’s national NAIDOC week theme: Because of her, we can!
For at least 65,000 years, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women have carried our dreaming stories, songlines, languages and knowledge that have kept our culture strong and enriched us as the oldest continuing culture on the planet.
Their achievements, their voice, their unwavering passion give us strength and have empowered past generations and paved the way for generations to come.
NAIDOC Week celebrations are held across Australia each July (8-15 July 2018). It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and is an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society.
- Create a professional Indigenous artwork which addresses this year's theme: Because of her, we can!
- Follow the required specifications in the Terms and conditions.
- Include your name, student ID, the course you are studying, a title and brief statement of no more than 500 words in relation to how the Design Entry represents the Theme.
- Submit your entries by midnight AEST Friday 22 June 2018 to email@example.com
- The prize winner will be presented with a framed copy of their design have their winning artwork work on display at the local NAIDOC Week community celebration!
- The prize winner may also have their Design Entry displayed at USC campuses in posters and publications and used inside the 2019 Student Diary.
- All accepted design entries in this competition will automatically gain entry to the 2019 Diversity Week Student Diary Cover Artwork Competition.
This competition will be open to all current USC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students across all USC campuses.
For further information refer to the competition terms and conditions.