Connecting education and the workplace
The Career Development team at Student Central hosts employer visits, industry-specific and career skills workshops. Upcoming events are listed on Student Hub. Log into Student Hub and go to the Events and Workshops tab to book your place.
- Resume Hacks That Work - Mondays and Wednesdays in weeks 2 and 7
- Write Winning Applications - Mondays and Wednesdays in weeks 3 and 9
- Ace Your Interview - Mondays and Wednesdays in weeks 5 and 10
- Access The Hidden Job Market - Mondays and Wednesdays in weeks 6 and 11
Speak with a Career Development Team Member about: your career goals, how to find and apply for jobs, review your job applications, or how to get the most out of your university experience to benefit your career.
Consultations are 10-15 minutes, and no bookings are required.
When and where?
Semester 1 and 2 (weeks 1–13) except during semester breaks.
- Sunshine Coast - Mondays and Wednesdays 12 noon to 2pm - Building C, Room C1.39
- Caboolture - Wednesdays 9:30am to 1pm - The Library
- Southbank - Thursdays 10am to 2pm - SBA 4-2.04 - Weeks 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13
- Gympie - Thursdays 12 noon to 3pm - Student Central
- Fraser Coast - Tuesdays 10am to 11am - The Library
Connect to Student Hub to:
- Access online resources - including information on upcoming careers events and workshops, templates, guides and useful web links.
- Search for jobs — new positions are advertised daily on Student Hub. Listed here you will find local, national and international based jobs from casual work during study to exclusive career opportunities for USC graduates.
Have your cover letter, resume and other job application documents checked. You can submit your documents for review in your own time without having to make an appointment. Go to Student Hub Online job application check and upload your documents. They will be reviewed, usually, within five days and returned to you with comments and/or suggestions for change.
- Career Development Team Drop-in service for those who require a quick check of their job applications.
- Specific one-on-one sessions can be booked for assistance with resumes, job applications, interviewing and job search. Please select application / resume appointment in your Student Hub booking.
If you need assistance:
- with choosing a career path;
- with job search skills including job applications and interview techniques; or
- when considering a change in your program;
a one-on-one session with a member of the Career Development Team can help with career planning, goal setting, identifying career options, exploring personality work preferences, job search skills, interview coaching and overcoming career transition issues. Make an appointment on Student Hub for an individual consultation which can be face to face, by telephone or by video conference. Log into Student Hub, go to the Appointments tab and select the appropriate Career Counselling topic that you wish to discuss.
Select a program of study to help you get the career you want using the online Career guide.
A range of career resources are available on the USC website, or on Student Hub under the Resources tab. These resources can be used to assist you with career desicion making, action planning, industry research, developing job applications, interview techniques, social media and researching the hidden job market.
EmployABILITY contains resources to help students and graduates career development and job applications.
USC students are work-force ready. If you are looking for a graduate, part-time, project-based or even voluntary employee you can promote vacancies, work experience opportunities, your company information and company events on the University’s Student Hub. There is no cost and you may also register to add, update, maintain and manage the information directly.
USC programs often incorporate practical workplace experience for students through both Work Integrated Learning and the Work Experience Scheme . Partner with USC for internships, guided industry projects, work experience, research, practicums, clinical placements, mentoring and/or a combination of workplace-oriented activities.
The Career Development team keeps up-to-date with industry and employment information and has established links with local employers and industries. If you need a sounding board on employment-related issues, please get in touch.
USC has opportunities for industry partners to conduct guest lectures, host site visits and field trips and conduct campus visits with students.
- Contact Career Development