Applications to join the Student Representative Council (SRC) in 2019 are now open.
The SRC consists of USC students who represent their fellow students and act as a key source of communication between the student body and the University. Its members consult with fellow students to discuss emerging views, suggestions and issues about learning, teaching and student services, and present recommendations to USC’s senior staff.
Student members are sought in the following categories:
- Four undergraduate students from each School
- Four postgraduate coursework students
- Four Higher Degree by Research students
- Two international students
In addition to formally meeting approximately three times each semester, SRC members also get the opportunity to participate in focus groups, University events and student leadership initiatives.
Members are encouraged to actively engage with the business of the SRC outside of meetings by participating in online group discussions, staffing the SRC pop-up stall twice each semester, and providing input into the organisation and administration of SRC activities.
The estimated commitment for members over the year is 32 hours and includes time for preparing for and attending meetings, online discussions with other SRC members, participation in focus groups and campus events (pop-up stalls and orientation). Members are encouraged to continue responding to emails over the summer break to ensure continuity between meetings.
Members willing to get further involved can nominate to take on informal roles in the SRC engagement team and actively contribute to planning events, liaising with University staff and attending other relevant University committees. The estimated commitment for members on the engagement team is 60 hours in total over the year.
Members can accumulate points for their involvement and get it recognised for the Student Leadership Award. SRC membership is also a great opportunity to gain broader experience and skills to complement a university degree and be job-ready.
|Semester 1, 2019|
|Thursday 7 March, 9am|
|Thursday 4 April, 1pm|
|Thursday 9 May, 9am|
Members will be selected based on their responses to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment and enthusiasm for the role
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills
- Prior engagement with extra-curricular activities at USC or in the community
- Applicants must not have a staff appointment at the University of above 0.5.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 4.0 or above
- Applicants must be an actively enrolled USC student for the duration of their term in the SRC.
Apply to join the SRC for 2019.