Peer Leaders assist new students in transitioning to university and settling into studies.
As part of this role you will undertake Student Success Leaders training for personal development, and competency in knowledge and skills required.
By undertaking this training and serving as a leader, your contributions to the USC community will be recognised; you may also earn points toward the USC Student Leadership Award.
- Engage with students at pre-semester events and Orientation
- Attend program-specific activities to share your knowledge and experience
- Assist new students in developing study management skills
- Promote an environment that is inclusive, inspiring, safe and respectful
- Undertake further training as a Wellbeing Peer Leader to assist in specialised USC Student Wellbeing initiatives
- Successful completion of at least one year (8 courses) at USC and be currently enrolled in a USC program
- Be at least 18 years old
- Good record of achievement with a GPA of 5.0 or above
- Have a good knowledge of USC's services and facilities
- Demonstrate a desire to expand your leadership skills
- Be committed and reliable, with effective personal time management skills
- Be prepared to facilitate and inspire success in your fellow students
This role offers flexibility for you to contribute whilst working around your study commitments. Volunteer hours will be negotiated based on the role requirements and your availability.
How to apply
- Please register your interest by completing the form provided
- Enrol in the Student Success Leaders site on Blackboard
- Complete the four online Student Success Leaders training modules on Blackboard
- Compete the USC Health Safety and Wellbeing for Students training and upload your completion certificate to Blackboard
- Complete the Consent Matters training and upload your completion certificate to Blackboard
- Upload your application materials to Blackboard, including:
- A cover letter, indicating the role you are applying for and including a statement why you would like to be considered for the position (maximum one page)
- Your resume (maximum two pages)
The following workshops and induction session are offered at the start of the semester:
- Academic Skills for Facilitating Peer Learning
- Supporting Transition to University
Note: Study Leaders are eligible to contribute as Peer Leaders - therefore applicants who meet the Study Leader criteria are encouraged to apply as Study Leaders; only one application is needed