Peer Leaders assist new students in transitioning to university and settling into studies.
As part of this role you will undertake Student Success Leaders training for personal development, and competency in knowledge and skills required.
By undertaking this training and serving as a leader, your contributions to the USC community will be recognised; you may also earn points toward the USC Student Leadership Award.
- Engage with students at pre-semester events and Orientation
- Attend program-specific activities to share your knowledge and experience
- Assist new students in developing study management skills
- Promote an environment that is inclusive, inspiring, safe and respectful
- Successful completion of at least one year (8 courses) at USC and be currently enrolled in a USC program
- Be at least 18 years old
- Good record of achievement with a GPA of 5.0 or above
- Have a good knowledge of USC's services and facilities
- Demonstrate a desire to expand your leadership skills
- Be committed and reliable, with effective personal time management skills
- Be prepared to facilitate and inspire success in your fellow students
This role offers flexibility for you to contribute whilst working around your study commitments. Volunteer hours will be negotiated based on the role requirements and your availability.
How to apply
- Please register your interest by completing the form provided
- Enrol in the Student Success Leaders site on Blackboard – Be sure to click the blue enrol button on the left of the screen
- Complete the four online Student Success Leaders training modules on Blackboard
- Compete the USC Health, Safety and Wellbeing for Students training and upload your completion certificate to Blackboard
- Upload your application materials to Blackboard, including:
- A cover letter, indicating the role you are applying for and including a statement why you would like to be considered for the position (maximum one page)
- Your resume (maximum two pages)
Your application will be reviewed following the closing date. We will contact you to advise the dates for the face to face training; Supporting Transition to University, and an induction session. Please keep an eye on your student email account.
We are currently accepting applications for Semester 1, 2018. All submissions will be considered by the next application closing dates: November 19, 2017 and January 7, 2018