The USC Student Leadership Award will recognise your professional development, co-curricular learning, and community contributions, such as your:
- Contribution to local community and to the University
- Active involvement in social, cultural and sporting events
- Training undertaken in addition to your degree
- Committee membership
- Event organisation
- Volunteer work
Why take part in the USC Student Leadership Award?
The award will add value to your job application, provide evidence of your commitment and development of the USC Graduate Attributes and contribute to your preparation for graduate employment. Giving your time to help other students can also give you a sense of achievement and satisfaction.
You will participate in activities from 3 categories to develop a wider range of skills and knowledge to broaden your leadership attributes and professional profile. The categories are:
- USC and wider community
- Learning enrichment
- Professional development
Who can apply?
- All enrolled USC students*
* Some restrictions apply for Cross-institutional students.
What does it involve?
Students who participate in any of the approved activities will receive points toward the Award.
Students are required to complete the following to receive the award:
- Must be an enrolled USC student
- Accrue a total of 1000 points
- Complete academic award (degree/program)
- Have at least one activity in each category
- Maintain a record of your activities*
- Complete a final reflection task (written, video, interview or portfolio)
Login to Blackboard to register for the USC Student Leadership Award. You’ll need to self-enrol yourself to access the information:
- Login to Blackboard
- If you see an ‘Access Denied’ message, click the blue ‘Enrol’ button from the left hand menu.