For indigenous students enrolled in a Commonwealth-supported program at USC
The Commonwealth Scholarships Program is funded by the Australian Federal Government.
It aims to assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds, particularly those from remote and regional areas.
Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships (ICECS) provides students with assistance with general study costs. The Scholarship is paid in instalments of A$1,318.50 * per semester for up to four years to assist with general study costs.
* These are the 2017 Scholarship values. The Scholarship values are indexed annually.
^ For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
- identifying as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- enrolled full-time in any undergraduate degree program at USC (or part-time, where there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time enrolment)
- has not previously completed the requirements of an undergraduate program
- evidence of financial need
- Selection criteria:
- financial need
- other equity considerations and personal circumstances
- Eligible programs:
- All programs
- Number available:
- Up to A$10,548: A$2,637 per annum | A$1,318.50 per semester *