Australian South Sea Islander students studying an undergraduate degree
In 2001 the Queensland Government established the Australian South Sea Islander Community Foundation (the Foundation) to provide university scholarships for Australian South Sea Islander undergraduate students.
Scholarships are funded from income generated by the invested donations to the Foundation and individual scholarships are offered on a yearly basis, with no guarantee of an ongoing commitment.
The foundation is independently managed by The Public Trustee under the umbrella of the Queensland Community Foundation.
The scholarship amount will be up to $5,000 and will be determined based on the annual disbursement of funds by the Australian South Sea Islander Community Foundation and may vary from year to year. If insufficient funds are available, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- enrolled full-time or part-time in any undergraduate program
- identify as an Australian South Sea Islander
- recipient should not be in receipt of other scholarships in the relevant academic year
- recipient should not have previously completed an undergraduate degree at any university
- Selection criteria:
- academic merit
- financial need
- preference will be given to applicants who do not qualify for Abstudy
- Eligible programs:
- All programs
- Number available:
- Up to A$5,000