Applications have now closed for Semester 2, 2019.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 30 August 2019.
Supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) students to learn, live and work, free of prejudice and discrimination, with all the essential freedoms enjoyed by other members of our university community and broader population.
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2019, the LGBTIQ+ Leadership Bursary provides financial support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate program at USC. The bursary is intended to recognise the efforts of a current student who contributes to an inclusive culture and assists in promoting awareness and understanding of issues that may affect people of diverse genders and sexualities.
The student recipients will receive the bursary funds as a lump sum payment prior to Census date in the relevant semester.
- Identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, or queer* community (LGBTIQ+). * In this context queer is used as an umbrella term to describe people of diverse genders and sexualities.
- undergraduate or postgraduate students enrolled in any program at any USC campus;
- minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.0;
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or permanent resident of Australia.
- Selection criteria
- Academic merit;
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting awareness and understanding of issues that may affect people of diverse genders and sexualities.
- Eligible programs
- All programs
- Number available