Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2020.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 28 February 2020.
Offered for the first time in Semester 1, 2018 the Rod Stringer Tourism Scholarship aims to support students who are interested in pursuing a career in the tourism industry.
The Scholarship provides financial assistance to offset the costs associated with tertiary study that can have a significant impact on a student’s ability to further their education. In some instances, students may not get the chance to go to university without financial help.
Rod Stringer has extensive domestic and international experience and influence in the tourism industry. Rod is the Sunshine Coast representative and spokesperson for a niche tourism industry organisation and past board member of Tourism Noosa. He owned and managed high end beach front accommodation at Peregian Beach for over 15 years and helped put Noosa "on the map" as a destination for key tourism markets.
Each Scholarship is valued at $5,000 over two years and will support students in their second and third year of the Bachelor of Business (Tourism, Leisure and Event Management) Program. One scholarship will be made available each year and will be paid to the recipient as a lump sum of $1,250 in each Semester, after enrolment has been confirmed three weeks after Census Date in the relevant Semester.
- enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Business (Tourism, Leisure and Event Management) program at any USC campus
- commencing second year having successfully completed at least 8 courses (96 units) towards the Bachelor of Business (Tourism, Leisure and Management) program
- minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0
- Australian citizen, Permanent resident of Australia, or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- preference will be given to students who are experiencing other equity considerations and circumstances
- preference will be given to students not already in receipt of a USC scholarship
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism, Leisure and Event Management)
- Number available
- 1 in 2020
A$5,000 over two years