Applications have now closed for Semester 2, 2019.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 30 August 2019.
Study support bursary for continuing full time undergraduate students enrolled at USC Gympie campus
The Rotary Club of Gympie Bursary is awarded to a student with demonstrated financial need studying at the USC Gympie Campus. Established in 2016, this Bursary aims to increase access to university education in the Gympie region and encourage recipients to apply more time to their studies in order to increase retention and encourage academic achievement of students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
The Bursary is paid in eight fortnightly instalments of A$250 [A$2,000].
- continuing full-time undergraduate students enrolled at USC Gympie campus
- successfully completed at least one semester (48 units)
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder, or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular, work or community activities
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study (for example: compulsory fieldwork, significant carer responsibilities)
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
- Rotary Club of Gympie Bursary