Applications are now open for Semester 2 2019. Applications close on 31 May 2019.
Supporting continuing Noosa Shire students in financial need, undertaking an undergraduate Business degree
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2016, the Scott Williams AM Study Support Bursary will provide funds to support continuing undergraduate business students, in financial need and residing in the Noosa Shire.
Students need to have successfully completed one semester of study in a business or combined business program * and be able to demonstrate academic merit and leadership skills.
It is intended that recipients will be able to commit more time to their studies and engaging in university life, with less time in paid employment. Students working long hours during the semester period are encouraged to apply.
Twelve (12) bursaries with a total value of up to A$4,000 over two semesters and one bursary with a total value of A$2,000 over one semester will be awarded each year. The Bursary is paid in eight fortnightly instalments of A$250 [A$2,000 per semester].
* If no suitable applicants enrolled in business programs are identified, the bursaries may be awarded to suitable applicants enrolled in the following bachelor programs may also be considered: Biomedical Science, Environmental Studies or Environmental Management, and then students living elsewhere but enrolled in business or combined business programs.
- full-time domestic students
- resident of Noosa Shire; if there is an insufficient number of eligible students currently residing in Noosa, then students who graduated from a high school in the Noosa Shire but have relocated to study at USC will be considered
- preference will be given to students enrolled in undergraduate business or combined business programs
- preference will be given to students who have previously received a Scott Williams AM Study Support Bursary who continue to meet all other eligibility criteria
- students must have completed at least one semester at USC (48 credit points)
- minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.0
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular, work or community activities
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study (for example: compulsory fieldwork, significant carer responsibilities)
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- Undergraduate business or combined business
- Number available
- 12 x A$4,000 (full year) & 1 x A$2,000 (one semester)
- A$2,000 over 1 semester & A$4,000 over 2 semesters