Applications are now closed for Semester 2 2018.
Supporting continuing Noosa Shire students in financial need, undertaking an undergraduate Business degree
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2016, the Scott Williams AM Study Support Bursary will provide funds to support continuing undergraduate business students, in financial need and residing in the Noosa Shire.
Students need to have successfully completed one semester of study in a business or combined business program * and be able to demonstrate academic merit and leadership skills.
It is intended that recipients will be able to commit more time to their studies and engaging in university life, with less time in paid employment. Students working long hours during the semester period are encouraged to apply.
Ten bursaries with a total value of up to A$4,000 over two semesters and five bursaries with a total value of A$2,000 over one semester will be awarded each year. The Bursary is paid in eight fortnightly instalments of A$250 [A$2,000 per semester].
* If no suitable applicants enrolled in business programs are identified, the bursaries may be awarded to suitable applicants enrolled in the following bachelor programs may also be considered: Biomedical Science, Environmental Studies or Environmental Management, and then students living elsewhere but enrolled in business or combined business programs.
- continuing full-time student residing in Noosa Shire
- preferably studying business or combined business program*
- successfully completed at least one semester at USC (48 credit points)
- grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular, work or community activities
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study (for example: compulsory fieldwork, significant carer responsibilities)
- Eligible programs
- Undergraduate business or combined business
- Number available
- 10 x A$4,000 (full year) & 5 x A$2,000 (one semester)
- A$2,000 over 1 semester & A$4,000 over 2 semesters