Applications are now closed for Semester 2 2018.
Supporting students who have completed one semester of study in their first undergraduate degree
Offered for the first time in 2015, this Scholarship funds students commencing an undergraduate study program (up to four years) at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Mr and Mrs Thompson are generous donors to the University of the Sunshine Coast, most recently making a $5 million gift to support the development of a multi-storey car park on USC’s Sippy Downs campus, the revenue generated to fund The Thompson Study Support Scholarship and The Thompson Excellence Scholarship.
The Scholarship will commence from Semester 2 of the student recipient's study program, once the student has achieved 48 credit points, but less than 96 credit points at the time of award.
The Scholarship is paid in eight fortnightly instalments of A$250 [A$2,000 per semester] for the normal duration of the program.
A$4,000 per annum for up to 5 semesters for a 3 year program up to a maximum of A$10,000
A$4,000 per annum for up to 7 semesters for a 4 year program up to a maximum of A$14,000
- full-time student in first undergraduate program
- enrolled in any USC undergraduate program
- successfully completed at least one semester at USC (48 credit points) on awarding of Scholarship (commencing Semester 2 study with less than 96 credit points)
- grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study (for example: compulsory fieldwork or professional placement as a component of undergraduate program, significant carer’s responsibilities)
- financial need
- equity students, as identified by USC Student Administration
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
- A$2,000 per semester for the normal duration of the program up to a maximum of A$14,000