Study support bursary for full-time students who have completed at least one semester at USC
In Semester 2 2016, 72 Study Support Bursaries were made available through the generosity of Mr Roy and Mrs Nola Thompson, 9 Study Support Bursaries were provided with donated funds from USC staff, alumni and community Starfish Program supporters, and 8 Study Support Bursaries were distributed using funds donated by the Heller Foundation.
Study Support Bursaries are paid in fortnightly instalments over one or two semesters.
The intention of the bursary is to assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds, with a preference for students who must work to support their studies.
It is intended that recipients will be able to commit more time to their studies and engaging in university life, with less time in paid employment. Students working long hours during the semester period are encouraged to apply.
- full-time domestic students in any undergraduate program
- completed at least one semester at USC (48 credit points)
- Grade point average (GPA) 4.0 or higher
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder; or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria:
- financial need
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study (e.g. compulsory fieldwork placement, significant Carer responsibilities)
- academic merit
- Eligible programs:
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available:
- A$2,000 or A$4,000