Semester 1, 2020 applications are now open and will close on 30 November 2019.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 28 February 2020.
Full-time or part-time student enrolled in a USC undergraduate program studying a Sustainability major or minor
The Barung Landcare Bursary will be awarded to one (1) student recipient each year, who is enrolled in the Sustainability major or minor and can demonstrate passion and leadership, and an interest in pursuing future research or projects in the field.
The bursary recipient will be invited to undertake volunteer work experience with the Barung Landcare Association. Details of these arrangements will be negotiated directly between Barung Landcare Association and the student recipient. Payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- continuing student enrolled in an undergraduate program studying a Sustainability major or minor
- student has completed at least one semester of study
- demonstrated passion for the field and interest in pursuing future research or projects in land resource management, sustainable urban/peri-urban landscapes
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- demonstrated active community engagement
- demonstrated financial need
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- Number available
- Barung Landcare Bursary