Students commencing Honours study after completion of their Bachelor degree
The Forest Industries Research Centre (FIRC) Honours Scholarships are to encourage and support students commencing an Honours program, with a long term view to enter the research field.
- students commencing Honours study at USC
- enrolment in an 'end-on' Honours program (ie not an embedded Honours or Professional Honours program)
- students must have a supervisor from both the FIRC and one of the FABL schools
- not already in receipt of a USC merit scholarship or a USC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study
- Selection criteria:
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus and potential alignment to a USC area of research concentration - USC Research concentrations
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs:
- All programs offering 'end-on' Honours
- Number available:
- 2 offered each year
- A$4,000 per annum for up to one year of full-time study (comprising 96 units). Part-time students will receive pro rata payment, equivalent to the units of study.
- Forest Industries Research Centre (FIRC) Honours Scholarship Application (621 KB)