Semester 1, 2020 applications are now open and will close on 30 November 2019.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 28 February 2020.
Students commencing Honours study in Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Animal Ecology after completing their Bachelor degree
The Friends of Mary Cairncross Association are focussed on the protection and enhancement of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve located in Maleny, Queensland. The Reserve is a 55 hectare remnant of subtropical rainforest containing a diverse variety of flora and fauna. This Scholarship aims to support research in similar environments to that of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve and is made possible through the generous donations made to the Friends of Mary Cairncross Association by their Patron, Gretel Pickering to The Moore Family Trust.
The Friends of Mary Cairncross Honours Scholarship is available to students undertaking honours studies in Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Animal Ecology in an environmentally sensitive site on the Sunshine Coast. While the honours research will not necessarily take place within the boundaries of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve at Maleny, it should have relevance to this type of subtropical rainforest environment. Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- students commencing Honours study at USC in the discipline of Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Animal Ecology
- not already in receipt of a USC merit scholarship or a USC Honours or postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship for Honours year of study
- Selection criteria
- academic merit, based on GPA for advanced level courses undertaken
- research focus in an environmentally sensitive site on the Sunshine Coast, with a preference for an area of research relevant to the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve
- intention/motivation for ongoing study/research and pursuit of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
- Eligible programs
- Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Animal Ecology
- Number available