Semester 1, 2020 applications open 1 September 2019 and close on 30 November 2019.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 28 February 2020.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to improving the region’s tertiary participation rate by creating education opportunities for local residents, and supporting the leaders of tomorrow to study at USC Moreton Bay.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) Scholarship provides assistance to students with demonstrated financial need and the academic potential to achieve their education and career goals.
The Scholarship is available to students from the Moreton Region commencing an undergraduate degree at USC Moreton Bay. Eight (8) scholarships will be offered annually, valued at $8,000 per year for the standard duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years), up to a maximum value of $40,000 per scholarship. Student recipients will receive payment in regular fortnightly instalments totalling $4,000 per semester.
Recipients will be expected to maintain full-time enrolment in their academic program at USC Moreton Bay throughout the period of their scholarship and maintain a minimum GPA of 4.5.
For further information about the Scholarship MBRC website
- Full-time undergraduate students at USC Moreton Bay in either a single or double degree
- Current resident of the Moreton Bay Region for a minimum two (2) years immediately prior to commencement at USC Moreton Bay
- Year 12 graduate or completed Year 12 studies no more than two (2) academic years prior to commencement at USC Moreton Bay
- Students who have completed any courses as part of an undergraduate bachelor level program at another Higher Education provider with credit transfer entitlement to USC will not be eligible
- Demonstrated academic achievement (OP1-10, ATAR equivalent 99-77.35)
- Demonstrated financial need
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or a permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- Financial need
- Leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular and/or community contribution including:
- Readiness for tertiary study: Consideration will be given to the extent to which the applicant is able to demonstrate their readiness to undertake tertiary studies
- Civic contributions and participation: Consideration will be given to the applicant’s past and current civic contributions and participation such as volunteering, participation in sporting activities and/or support of community groups
- Community aspirations: Consideration will be given to the applicant’s intent to contribute to the Moreton Bay community throughout and beyond their studies
- Career aspirations: Consideration will be given to the applicant’s ability to articulate their career aspirations and the alignment of their chosen course with these aspirations.
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
- 8 per year
- $8,000 per year for the standard duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years), up to a maximum value of $40,000 per scholarship. Student recipients will receive payment in regular fortnightly instalments totalling $4,000 per semester.