As part of the their Women in Engineering (WiE) initiative, the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is excited to provide funds to female students at USC. These funds hope to encourage women to remain in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses and to promote TMR as an employer of choice.
The Department shall provide a total of up to $4,000 - one A$2,000 bursary will be paid to a first or second year eligible student and another A$2,000 bursary will be paid to a fourth year eligible student.
Students must submit a 500 word written statement which sets out the following:
(i) an ability to demonstrate a love of maths and physics, including discussion about their practical application in engineering; and
(ii) an ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- full-time female student in a four year Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
one bursary is for a commencing or continuing first or second year student and the second bursary is for a fourth year student
- student must submit a 500 word written statement
- student must have a reasonable academic record with a good repute
- Queensland resident, permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen
- Selection criteria:
- academic merit
- demonstrate love of maths, physics and engineering
- demonstrated leadership skills
- Eligible programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
- Number available: