Applications are now open for Semester 1, 2019. Applications close on Monday, 30 April 2019.
Female students continuing full-time in Business study
Zonta International is a worldwide service organisation of female executives in business and the professions working to improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women. Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA there are now more than 35,000 Zontians in over 1,200 clubs in 68 countries and geographical areas. The name Zonta is based upon a Sioux Indian word meaning “honest and trustworthy”, and the emblem is a composite of Sioux Indian symbols.
The Zonta Club of Noosa was chartered in 1993, and since then has raised and distributed more than A$500,000 to improve the status of women, locally, nationally and internationally, including projects in conjunction with UNICEF and UNIFEM.
The Club has established the ‘Women in Business’ bursary which is valued at $1000 and aims to assist women pursuing undergraduate degrees in business management to overcome gender barriers, from the classroom to the boardroom. The bursary is awarded at the Zonta Club of Noosa Dinner meeting in July each year and the successful applicant is expected to attend the award ceremony.
As well as the $1000 Zonta Club Bursary, a national and an international bursary are also available. The application form for the Zonta International bursary is to be used and the application of the successful applicant for the Zonta Club Bursary will be forwarded on by the Club for submission to the national and international awards.
- female students enrolled full-time
- in second year or above, in any Business program
- high grade point average
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
demonstrated intent to complete their Business degree
has provided or is likely to provide a significant contribution to the local community upon completion of study
it is desirable, but not essential, that the applicant is a resident of the Noosa Shire.
- Eligible programs
- Business and Information Technology
- Number available
- Download the 2018 Application form available on the Zonta International website.
Direct link to the application form: 2019 Application Form
Applicants must include the following supporting documentation with their application:
- An academic transcript of all completed undergraduate subjects and current enrolment
- An essay of no more than 500 words that describes your academic and professional goals, and how the JMK Bursary will assist you in reaching your goals
- A letter of recommendation from a member of the Faculty of Business in a major field of study.