Applications for MoET-VIED scholarships will be accepted at any time in 2018.
The Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (MOET) through its Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) office and University of the Sunshine Coast (USC), are jointly offering postgraduate research scholarships to students from Vietnam who intend to undertake a research degree at USC.
Established in 1996, the University of the Sunshine Coast has experienced rapid growth with research a concerted area of expansion. The University continues to strengthen its research capacity and capability in areas of research focus.
From the coastline to the hinterland, the Sunshine Coast is famous for its natural beauty and relaxed atmosphere. And it's all only an hour's drive from Brisbane. Learn more about living on the Sunshine Coast.
- To be eligible for a MoET-VIED/USC scholarship, applicants must:
- have been selected by MoET-VIED to receive their scholarship support
- meet USC's standard entry criteria to their nominated higher degree by research program
- be proposing to undertake research in one of USC's areas of Research Focus:
- Psychology in Human Factors and Accident Research
- Aquaculture and Agriculture
- Animal and Marine Ecology
- Forestry Research
- Biomedical Science and Nursing
- Social Science of Environmental Change
- Selection criteria
- Undergraduate achievement
- Research alignment (see above areas of Research Focus)
- Most recent or relevant degree
- Relevant professional research experience (if applicable)
- Eligible programs
- Doctor of Philosophy and Masters by Research programs
- The successful applicant will receive the following support for the standard duration of the PhD program (three years full-time) or Masters program (1.5 years full-time):
- Stipend commensurate with the Research Training Program rate, which in 2018 is A$27,082
- International tuition fees
- Overseas Student Heath Cover (OSHC)
- Funding to support research costs from the faculty of enrolment (maximum $6,000)
- Applicants must provide their letter of support from MoET-VIED when applying for admission at USC.
- Complete an Application for Admission and include the name of this scholarship on the application
- Respond to all selection criteria listed. Download the Response to PGRS Selection Criteria template (Word 1,028KB).
- Please refer to How to apply for a postgraduate research scholarship for important information.