Postgraduate Research Scholarship in aspects of human nutrition and/or dietetics
Applicants are invited for higher degrees by research (Masters or Doctor of Philosophy) in aspects of human nutrition and/or dietetics. Potential projects that align with current research in Nutrition and Dietetics at USC will be given priority. This may include but is not limited to characteristics of the food environment, food choice, eating behaviours and dietary intake in individuals and populations, and validity of dietary methodology and physical activity assessment in individuals or populations. Research projects are not pre-defined, however it is expected that students will have some relevant experience in the discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics and will bring this experience as well as their own interests to bear in their research. For more information on research areas, go to Nutrition and Dietetics Research.
This scholarship will be available full time or part time for an equivalent period to allow for students continuation of work in a relevant area of practice throughout their candidature.
Please contact Associate Professor Fiona Pelly email@example.com or 07 5450 2898 for more information.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Have been accepted to enrol as a HDR candidate at USC
- Not be in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75 per cent of the RTP stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income from sources unrelated to the course of study is not to be taken into account.
- Be a domestic student (Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen)
- Hold a previous degree in the discipline of human nutrition and dietetics
- Selection criteria:
- Undergraduate academic achievement
- Research alignment
- Most recent degree
- Relevant work experience
- Eligible programs:
- PhD, Master of Sports Nutrition, or Master of Science
- Number available:
- Stipend commensurate with the RTP rate. 2017 rate is $26,682.