PhD scholarship to investigate key aspects of the regional student experience in contemporary higher education.
The contribution of regionally located universities to their communities and to Australia’s future prosperity is well recognised. However, national data indicates that students enrolled at regional universities have different experiences and outcomes to those of their peers enrolled in capital city universities. The aim of this project is to add to our knowledge about the experience of students at regional universities by better understanding the role of some of the key factors that contribute to student engagement and success.
Please contact Professor Karen Nelson: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- hold a Bachelor degree with First Class honours, or have an equivalent level of attainment via previous study, work experience, research publications, referee's reports and other research experience; and
- not hold an equivalent HDR qualification to that being applied for
- not be receiving an equivalent scholarship, or salary providing a benefit greater than 75 percent of the APA stipend rate to undertake the HDR
- recipients must maintain satisfactory progress as a full-time higher degree by research candidate at the University of the Sunshine Coast
- Selection criteria:
- Undergraduate achievement; and
- Research alignment; and
- Publications; and
- most recent or relevant degree; OR
- most recent or relevant research experience
- Eligible programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Number available:
- Award commensurate with the Australian Postgraduate Award rate. 2016 rate is $26,288. The scholarship also includes Tuition Fees for International recipients.
- How to apply for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship