The Sunshine Coast Mind and Neuroscience - Thompson Institute is seeking to recruit an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student who wants to make a difference in the in the areas of youth mental health and suicide prevention.
Candidates may have a research idea of their own in the area of Youth Mental Health or Suicide Prevention, or they can link in with one of the studies that is underway in The Sunshine Coast Mind and Neuroscience - Thompson Institute.
For more information and to discuss potential research proposals please contact ThompsonInstitute@usc.edu.au .
- Meet eligibility requirements for entry into selected HDR program, and
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Have a degree and at least 3 years' work experience in the field of Indigenous health and well being
- Selection criteria:
- Undergraduate degree
- Most recent/relevant degree
- Relevant professional experience
- Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth and adult cohorts
- Eligible programs:
- PhD and Masters
- Number available:
- $30,000 stipend per year for the standard duration of the HDR program (3 years for PhD, 1.5 y ears for Masters)
- Complete an Application for Admission form
- Download the Response to PGRS Selection Criteria template (Word 1,028KB) and respond to the Selection Criteria listed above (and include the name of this scholarship).
- Refer to the Important information about applying for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship.