A PhD student opportunity in Sustainability has been developed in response to on-going collaboration between the University of the Sunshine Coast (Australia) and Brock University (Canada).
Researchers from the Sustainability Research Centre (SRC) at the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) and the Environmental Sustainability Research Centre at Brock University, have been collaborating for several years in the areas of global change, sustainability and resilience research, which has been formalised through a Memorandum of Understanding. To further strengthen this collaboration, a strategic PhD scholarship has been established in Sustainability, with a focus on sustainability issues that affect both southern and northern hemispheres. The PhD student will enjoy supervision by researchers from both USC and Brock and will spend time at both universities.
For more information please contact Associate Professor Claudia Baldwin, Sustainability Research Centre, University of the Sunshine Coast via email CBaldwin@usc.edu.au .
- Domestic or International HDR student at USC
- Bachelors Degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, or other research experience)
- Not hold an equivalent qualification to the one currently being applied for
- Maintain satisfactory progress as a full-time student
- Selection criteria:
- Proposed research project aligns with USC's Sustainability Research Centre and Brock University's Environmental Sustainability Research Centre and addresses sustainability issues relevant to both the southern and northern hemispheres.
- Academic qualifications
- Research publications
- Most recent relevant degree
- Professional research experience
- Eligible programs:
- Number available:
- Annual stipend: $27,082 for 2018 (rate to increase each year in line with Research Training Program)
- If the successful candidate is an International student the scholarship will include International Tuition Fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (single cover)
- To apply: